Cheshire East is punching well above its weight in a new listing of the UK’s most exciting companies.
Fourteen businesses based in the Borough have made it into 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain, a special report published by the London Stock Exchange.
The City of Manchester can only boast 12 companies in the listing, Liverpool has six and Cheshire West and Chester just five.
The report is designed to identify the dynamic small and medium-sized businesses that are the driving force behind the UK economy.
Xavier Rolet, CEO, London Stock Exchange Group, said: “The 1,000 companies highlighted in our report have, on average, more than doubled their revenue in the last four years, and the top 500 have more than tripled theirs.”
Councillor Michael Jones, Leader of Cheshire East Council, said: “We already knew that we had one of the most vibrant economies in the North West and that the Borough is a great place to build a business.
“But the strength and depth of Cheshire East’s presence in this report from the London Stock Exchange shows that we also have many fast-growing companies which will create more jobs and growth in the years to come.”
The Cheshire East firms named among the 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain are:
- County Milk Products, founded in 1994 and based in Wilmslow, supplies liquid and powdered dairy products, butter fats, cheese and animal feeds.
- Based in Knutsford, Crawford Healthcare Holdings supplies dermatology products including patch tests, acne treatments, sun lotion, woundcare and diagnostic products and is expanding internationally.
- M&S Logistics runs a fleet of 4,000 tank containers for bulk liquid transport and was founded in 1996. Headquartered in Sandbach with offices in the USA, South Africa, Asia and the Netherlands, it operates globally through a network of agents.
- Massey Feeds is a family business with over 125 years experience of supplying farmers from its mills in Holmes Chapel and Preston. Its products include high-protein feed for lactating cows.
- Leap29 is a global recruitment firm, based in Wilmslow, which serves the oil and gas, mining, engineering and professional services sectors and has offices in the USA, Canada, Australia, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Malaysia.
- Mercian Ltd, based in Macclesfield, was founded in 2005 and within six years had become the largest single supplier of potatoes to the UK’s major crisp manufacturers.
- Mobica Limited, a software company based in Wilmslow, provides the automotive, mobile, semiconductor, finance, TV and broadcasting, marine and aviation industries with solutions used in smartphones, TVs, cars and intelligent buildings.
- MPM Products, based in Macclesfield, has seen its sales increase from £2m to more than £27m since 2008 thanks to demand for its Applaws and Encore dog and cat food brands.
- H J Lea Oakes traces its history as a miller and feed supplier back to 1675 and now supplies some of the UK’s largest agribusinesses from its base in Aston, near Nantwich.
- From its headquarters on the Parkgate Industrial Estate in Knutsford, Oliver Twinsafe Valves supplies large bore, pipeline valves to oil, gas and petrochemical industries all over the world.
- Quintessential Finance Group has grown 400% in the past four years. The Macclesfield-based company’s Pingtree technology, which plugs financial businesses and websites into lenders and insurance providers, is a huge success in the US loans market.
- Sense Network Limited, based in Knutsford, helps independent financial advisers to operate efficiently, profitably and compliantly with a web-based business management system that simplifies time-consuming processes.
- Tandom Metallurgical Group produces aluminium alloys for the diecasting and steel industries and carries out metal processing at its five-acre Congleton site.
- Macclesfield-based Pulse Umbrella Group offers accounting services to contractors and freelance professionals.
Post a Comment