Welcome to this, my 160th news bulletin.
This coming week sees the first of two events that I am organising for the older members of our community. My Crewe and Nantwich Seniors' Health and Information Fairs will bring together under one roof a wide range of sources of information, free health checks and advice, plus a number of practical demonstrations including cookery and massage.
Visitors to the fairs will be able to take part in some enjoyable activities; discover ways to access new services; and perhaps even learn a new skill! It's completely free to attend, and the fairs will take place:
- Monday, 9 March, 10am to 3pm at Nantwich Civic Hall
- Wednesday 18 March, 10am to 3pm, the Victoria Community Centre, West Street, Crewe
You can read what the Chronicle wrote about these events, on my website. Since the paper went to press, several additional organisations have confirmed that they will be attending, including Nordic Walking, Crewe and Nantwich Art Club, Total Wills, CVS Cheshire East and the Wishing Well Project.
I would like to thank all of the numerous local and national organisations that are giving their time and supporting the fairs, and warmly invite all of our older residents to join us. Whether you're looking for information, sources of advice and support, or want to try something new, there's something for everyone.
Edward Timpson MP
Member of Parliament for Crewe and Nantwich
Please remember, you can always contact me directly if you have any questions for me, or if there is anything I can do to assist you.
Since my last e-mail, I have...
- Spent an afternoon on the beat with Nantwich Police, seeing at first hand how they are keeping crime low and reassuring our communities. I also had the chance to speak in depth with officers about the challenges that the force is facing at the moment.
- Attended the 'topping out' ceremony of the new Lifestyle Centre in Crewe. The structure is now complete and when it is finished the centre will be a real community hub as well as a leisure centre. It's been exciting to see it rising up.
- Brought my popular 'On Your Street' surgery to Shavington and Wistaston, in addition to holding my regular advice surgeries in Crewe and Nantwich.
- Taken local fundraiser Darren Derbyshire to meet the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street. Darren is awaiting a kidney transplant himself, but he's raising money for kidney disease charity the British Kidney Patient Association through a series of challenges, which you can read about on his JustGiving page: https://www.justgiving.com/kidney45challenge/
- Cut the ribbon at the official opening of the new Keltbray Hire Shop at Crewe Hall enterprise park. This newly-expanded business is ideally placed to serve the local rail industry.
Photo: On the beat with Cheshire Constabulary - I was pleased to join Nantwich police last week,to see at first hand how they are working around the clock to keep crime falling, and providing a reassuring presence for local people.
MP’s joy at ‘great news’ for careers
Crewe Chronicle: "In total over 5,000 new apprenticeships have been started in Crewe and Nantwich since 2010. This means more young people getting the skills they’ll need to get on in life."
MP urges residents to become a dementia friend
Crewe Chronicle: "Crewe and Nantwich MP Edward Timpson has qualified as an Alzheimer’s Society ‘Dementia Friend’ at a course hosted in his Crewe office for his local team."
London Marathon run for Mid Cheshire MRI Scanner Appeal
I will be running the Marathon for the eleventh time this year, to support the £1m appeal for a new MRI scanner at Leighton Hospital. I would be very grateful for any support that you can give!
Find out more
Copyright © 2015 Edward Timpson MP. Promoted by D Potter on behalf of E Timpson both at Churchyardside, Nantwich, Cheshire, CW5 5DE
Contact Edward Timpson MP:
Edward Timpson MP
30 Victoria Street
Crewe, Cheshire CW1 2JE