Nantwich highway improvement scheme – The Peacock roundabout
We will be working to deliver highway improvements in Nantwich throughout October and November. The works will improve approaches to the Roundabout and will include resurfacing and relining works.
We understand that there is no right time to undertake this work in such a key through route in Nantwich. We have carefully planned these works to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and members of the travelling public. Delays are to be expected.
What will be happening
The improvements will happen in four stages as follows:
· A51, Peacock roundabout to Cheerbrook roundabout (southbound) will be closed all day on 14 October 2018 to allow for the removal of kerb lines and footway.
· 15 – 22 October 2018, there will be a single lane approach to the Peacock roundabout from Cheerbrook roundabout to allow for the extension of the two lane approach (Northbound). During the works, the A51 will change from national speed limit to 30mph to provide a safe working zone.
· A51, Alvaston roundabout to Peacock roundabout (southbound) will be closed all day on 21 Oct 2018 to allow for the removal of kerb lines and footway.
· 22 – 27 October 2018, there will be a single lane approach to the Peacock roundabout from Alvaston roundabout to allow for the extension of the two lane approach (northbound). During the works, the A51 will change from national speed limit to 30mph to provide a safe working zone.
From Sunday 28 October for three weeks, works will commence to create a two lane approach from Crewe Road to the Peacock roundabout in preparation for a new development on Crewe Road.
Peacock roundabout will be closed on Friday 19 November 2018 for seven nights from 20:00 until 06:00 the following day. These night closures are to allow for the resurfacing and relining of the Peacock roundabout and areas of the A51.
Information for road users
· Road closures are necessary to protect the safety of both members of the public and our workforce.
· Where road closures are in place, diversion routes will be signed to assist in the movement of traffic while works progress.
· Local businesses remain open as usual.
· Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times during the closure (blue lights only)
· Delays are expected and motorists should plan journeys accordingly, view diversions online: https://www.roadworks.org/?108768088