Reporter Jonathan White, Wistaston
Bill Heath (WJTC Chairman) introduced the presentation of trophies inside the Memorial Hall:
- Men’s Singles Final: Oliver Cox beat George Raiswell 6-3, 7-5. Trophy presented by Bill Heath (WJTC Chairman).
- Men’s Doubles Final: Robert Sheffield and George Raiswell beat Paul Unwin and Jonathan White 7-6 (7-5), 6-1. Trophies presented by Alice Chalwin (WJTC President).
- Open Doubles Cup Final: Oliver Cox and Tony Mason beat Robert Sheffield and George Raiswell 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. Trophies presented by Margaret Maddock (WJTC Vice Chairman).
- Veterans Doubles Final: Eric James and Roy Birtles beat Bill Heath and Richard Goodwin 6-3, 6-1. Trophies presented by Margaret Maddock (WJTC Vice Chairman).
- Presidents Tournament Final: Roy Birtles and Jean Proudlove beat Eric James and Marion Proudlove 6-3, 6-1. Trophies presented by Bill Heath (WJTC Chairman).
- Junior Singles Final: George Raiswell beat Ryan Harper-Griffiths 6-2, 6-3. Trophy presented by Bill Heath (WJTC Chairman).
- Most Improved Junior: Ryan Harper-Griffiths. Shield presented by Bill Heath (WJTC Chairman). Ryan, aged 13 and a pupil at Kings Grove School in Crewe, regularly attends the weekly club nights and is an enthusiast member of the club.
Refreshments were provided by members of the club, under the supervision of Alice Chalwin and Margaret Maddock.
Photos from Finals Day have been uploaded to Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanawhite/albums/72157658592573775
For WJTC membership details please contact Bill Heath (Tel. 01270 560471).