Reporter John White, Crewe
Wistaston Memorial Hall & Community Centre's 'Annual Duck Race and Children’s Model Boat Race plus charity stalls' takes place this Saturday 6th September 2014 at the Recreation Ground, Joey the Swan.
Sponsored by The Wistaston Community Council and by the Crewe Cine & Video Club.
Stalls open from 1pm.
Children’s Model Boat Race starts at 2:30pm.
Duck Race starts at 3:15pm.
Duck Race tickets on sale now = £1 each.
Duck Race prizes:
• First placed duck = £100 (plus a trophy donated by Les Fothergill, 2006 Wistonian of the Year)
• Second placed duck = £50
• Third placed duck = £25
For more information on Duck Race tickets please contact Maureen Bellis Tel. (01270) 663296.
Children’s Model Boat Race (maximum length of boat is 25cm) prizes:
• First place = £5 book token (plus a trophy donated by Herbert Locke MBE)
• Second place = £3 book token
• Third place = £2 book token
• Also a competition for the best designed boat – prizes £5, £3, £2.
For more information on the Children’s Model Boat Race please contact John White Tel. (01270) 661484.
If your organisation would like to have a stall free of charge please contact Glenys White Tel. (01270) 661484.
The proceeds will go to the Memorial Hall funds.
Wistaston Duck Race - promotional photo.JPG