With bitterly cold weather conditions forecast to hit Cheshire in the coming days, Blue Bell BMW is offering all motorists its Top 10 Tips to ensure every journey is a safe journey this winter.
Blue Bell Service Manager Phil Smith comments: “It really is all too easy to forget to keep an eye on your basic car maintenance, especially on cold, dark mornings and evenings when you’re busy getting to and from work or doing the school run.
“But in very poor weather a clean windscreen, working headlights and correct tyre pressures are absolutely essential to make sure you stay safe.
“It's also really important to remember to allow extra breaking time when driving in wet or icy conditions.”
In addition, the Weston Road dealership is also offering complimentary vehicle Winter Health Checks to all BMW and MINI owners.
Phil Smith added: “The winter weather brings with it many additional hazards, why not give yourself the peace of mind that you’re fully prepared for the elements.”
Blue Bell BMW’s Top 10 Winter safety tips are:
· Keep a Winter kit in the car – A kit should include screen wash, de-icer and an ice scraper.
· Ensure your screen wash is kept topped up. Use a 50% mix of screen wash to reduce the chance of freezing.
· Keep your windscreen clean inside and out to reduce the dazzle from the sun.
· Renew worn and smearing wiper blades to ensure good visibility.
· Check your tyre pressures every two weeks. Check tyres for wear, we advise you should have at least 3mm of tyre tread for winter motoring.
· Consider winter tyres for improved safety.
· Check coolant antifreeze strength and level regularly and if required top up with antifreeze mixture.
· Have your battery checked, a defective battery or a battery more than five years old may struggle in cold conditions.
· Keep at least a quarter of a tank of fuel in case of any unexpected delays.
For more information, or to book a complimentary Winter Check, visit the dealership on Fourth Avenue, Weston Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6XH, or call 01270 212525.