Bike Theft Alert - Here Are Some Useful Tips To Keep Your Bike Safe - Crewe Police
We have unfortunately been made aware of several bike thefts in Crewe and surrounding areas.
We'd like to offer some useful tips for you to keep your bike safe and secure.
1. Invest in a couple of good quality bike locks, 1 being a D-lock.
2. Cable locks for extra security.
3. Lock frame and both wheels to cycle parking stand.
4. A well lit area with CCTV.
5. Remove saddle.
6. Take the same care at home, bikes get taken from communal hallways, gardens & sheds.
7. Make your bike unique to you.
8. Remove valuable accessories.
9. Don’t leave your bike for a few minutes whilst you nip in the shop.
10. Don’t park in the same place every day.
Thank you for your time! We will be running some bike marking sessions in an area near you in the near future and will you keep you updated with the times and dates of these sessions on here and on our Facebook pages!
Your local Facebook and Twitter pages details can be found using the link below:-
Once you have gone onto the link, scroll down and type in your area. There will then be an option to select 'local activity' , this will link you to the Twitter and Facebook posts! (You do not have to be signed up to see these.)
An example of these is - https://www.cheshire.police.uk/a/your-area/cheshire/cheshire-east/haslington/?tab=LocalActivity
For any further assistance, don't hesitate to drop us a reply and I will happily help!
Thank you for your time and we hope that you found this message useful.
PCSO Lizzie Jolley 22582