The link road junction between Crewe Green Roundabout and Hungerford Road and Sydney Road will be reopened to motorists this Thursday afternoon.
Initially, the new roundabout layout will operate with a single lane of traffic to allow for construction works to continue safely. The pedestrian and cycle crossings points already installed will be in operation.
The third and final phase of the scheme will include the following main activities:
● Completion of construction work between the A534 and Crewe Road;
● Landscaping and planting will be carried out to the centre of the roundabout;
● Works will be completed on the maintenance layby and road signs;
● Modifications will be made to the existing traffic islands; and
● A crossing will be installed on the A534 Haslington bypass.
All lanes will open towards the end of phase three, with the roundabout expected to be fully open to traffic in November as planned.
More information can be found by visiting: www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/crewegreenroundabout