Reporter Jonathan White
The Wistaston Jubilee Tennis Club (WJTC) Finals Day took place on Sunday 16th September, in blustery but mainly dry weather, on the two courts behind the Wistaston Memorial Hall & Community Centre on Church Lane. Alastair Bain (WJTC Chairman) introduced the presentation of trophies in the Dudley Room inside the Memorial Hall:
- Men’s Singles Final: Jonathan Braithwaite beat Alastair Bain 6-4, 6-1. Trophy presented by Geoff Armitage (Honorary Guest).
- Veterans Doubles Final: Roy Birtles and Eric James beat Alan Whittingham and Alan Sim 6-4, 6-3. Trophies presented by Sheila Armitage (Honorary Guest).
- Open Doubles Final: Diane Mayman and Jonathan Braithwaite beat Tony Mason and Chris Raiswell 3-6, 6-4, 6-3. Trophies presented by Alice Chalwin (WJTC President).
- Men’s Doubles Final: Alan Whittingham and Chris Raiswell beat Jonathan Braithwaite and Richard Barr 7-5, 6-1. Trophies presented by John White (Honorary Life Member).
- Veterans Trophy winners: Rosemary Walker and Alan Whittingham. Trophies presented by Margaret Maddock (Honorary Life Member).
Refreshments were provided by members of the club, under the supervision of Alice Chalwin and Margaret Maddock.