Warm weather shouldn't mean that your security is compromised.
Here are 5 simple steps that you can take to ensure that your property is safer this summer.
1. If you must keep your front door open to allow a draft in, put the latch on. If you haven't got, a trip to B&Q for a latch may improve your security!
2. Lock the front door if you're in the back garden, especially if the door is out of view. Do the same for the front garden with the back door.
3. Lock the windows when you go out. It may be tempting to leave them open to allow the house to air, but it also allows for intruders an easy access.
4. Do NOT hide a key under a rock for relatives to get in easier for BBQ's and parties. Invest in a decent combination key safe which can be put in a safe place on your property.
5. Ask a trusted neighbour to keep an eye out on your property if you are going on holiday. Always secure your property, including all windows when you go away.
Pcso Penny Probin Crewe Central
Message Sent By
Penny Probin (Police, Community Support Officer, Crewe LPU)
Post a Comment