The background to this situation is that the Silvester family have had paying guests in their bedsits at Shavington in their family farmhouse home for nearly 40 years without anyone coming to any harm at all.
Legislation, of which we were unaware, resulted in a licence being required for the accommodation we rent at the farm. Once it was pointed out that from March 2011 we were in default of this legislation we immediately took action to correct the situation. We were also unaware that there was a need to have a fire risk assessment. This was done immediately once it was brought to our attention.
We have co-operated fully with the Fire Service and the Council to introduce enhanced safety measures and other improvements.
We sincerely regret what has happened and would like to thank all those who have supported us through this very difficult period.