Registered childminders are being invited to a series of drop-in sessions held by Cheshire East Family Service.
At the sessions, childminders will get the opportunity to update and manage information about them that is held in the online directory.
They will also be offered tips on how to use the directory to better promote themselves. This could involve providing a list of services they can offer, such as school pick-ups in a certain geographical area, as well as any qualifications they may have.
It can also be used to update childcare vacancies and renew data protection permissions.
The directory can be viewed at www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/fidy
Drop-in events are taking place at the following children’s centres (CC) on the dates shown:
- Monday, April 16 – Congleton CC, New Street;
- Tuesday, April 17 – Knutsford CC, Manor Park North;
- Wednesday, April 18 – Nantwich CC, Dog Lane;
- Tuesday, April 24 – Poynton CC, Vernon Primary School, Clumber Road;
- Thursday, April 26 – Broken Cross CC, Parkett Hayes Road, Macclesfield;
- Monday, April 30 – Monks Coppenhall CC, Remer Street, Crewe;
- Tuesday, May 1 – Mablins Lane CC, Crewe
- Wednesday, May 2 – Oakenclough CC, Colshaw Drive, Wilmslow;
- Thursday, May 3 – Wyche Centre, Civic Way, Middlewich;
- Wednesday, May 9 – Sandbach and Alsager CC, Crewe Road, Sandbach; and
- Friday, May 11 – Ash Grove CC, Ash Grove, Macclesfield.
Councillor Hilda Gaddum, Cabinet member with responsibility for children and family services, said: “As a Council we do all we can to support childminders and the online directory is a good resource for both parents and childminders.
“By working in partnership with childminders, we seek to ensure that every child has the opportunity for the best possible start in life, offering them a safe and secure environment.
“These drop-in sessions may also prove useful for anyone interested in becoming a childminder.”
For more information on becoming a childminder, please ring 0300 123 5033.