Subject: Volunteer opportunity with Victim Services team
This is a message sent via Neighbourhood Watch. This information has been sent on behalf of Police and Crime Commissioner for Cheshire
(Please do not reply or forward this email directly; please use the Reply, Share buttons at the bottom of this message)
Message sent by
Lisa Cooper (Police, Police Staff, Cheshire)
There is an exciting opportunity to volunteer with the Victim Services team (Cheshire CARES) based in Cheshire.
Cheshire CARES (Cope and Recovery Enhanced Service) is the Police and Crime Commissioner’s dedicated service providing free support to all victims of crime in Cheshire based on the individuals’ needs.
The volunteer role provides a personal and tailored support service to people who have been a victim of crime to cope and recover from their experience.
Main duties will include:
- Undertake visits to victims of crime, as directed by the Victim Care Unit Team Leader.
- Advise and signpost service users to agencies or organisations who can help in their recovery.
- Maintain face to face contact and support with service users using their preferred contact method, contact time and frequency of contact.
- Maintain accurate records of interactions with service users.
- Be an advocate for Witness & Victim Care for the Constabulary.