Severe weather is expected to continue over the next few days and in the event of any localised flooding residents are reminded of the Council’s policy on sandbags.
The Council is able to offer sandbags to a limited number of properties in the event of flooding.
The distribution of sandbags will be prioritised according to:
· Prevention of loss of life or serious injury;
· The maintenance of access for the emergency services;
· Protection of the primary highway network and transportation routes;
· Protection of critical/vital facilities within the community;
· Protection of property inhabited by vulnerable people based on risk assessment;
· Protection of property in identified flood risk areas.
It is important to point out that the responsibility for the protection of private properties from flooding lies primarily with the owner and sandbags will only be distributed to areas at high-risk of flooding.
Fore more information on the risk of flooding please go to: www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/community_and_living/community_safety/emergency_planning/how_prepared_are_you/risk_of_flooding.aspx
The Environment Agency is also able to give advice on the threat of floods and measures to help prevent water entering / damaging land or property. They can be contacted by: Telephone: 0845 988 1188 or
For further updates on the weather please go to: