Cheshire East Council
Cheshire Homechoice co-ordinator Marilyn Houston will be on hand to help residents find out more about the allocation of social housing in Cheshire East – and have their say.
She will be available in the reception areas at:
● Delamere House, Crewe, on Monday, June 11, between 10am-1pm and 2pm-4.30pm;
● Macclesfield Town Hall, on Monday, June 18, between 10am-1pm and 2pm-4.30pm.
Cheshire Homechoice’s allocation policy is being reviewed. The policy determines the priority of people’s application and the waiting time they will experience for a new home.
Residents have an opportunity to have their say on what they think is important. For example:
● Should the housing register be open to all whatever their financial circumstances?
● Should housing in rural areas be prioritised for those with a connection to that
● Should extra priority be given to those leaving the Armed Forces?
● Should we encourage people to downsize from family homes they are under-occupying
to free them up?